Bi101 Send Secure 126.96.36.199
If you are a subscriber to Google Message Encyption, typing a preset phrase into the email is usually required to enable encryption. SendSecure allows you to enable and disable email encryption inside of Gmail with just a touch of a button!
Updated May 30, 2013
708 total downloads
Please visit www.bi101.com/solutions/sendsecure for more details and instructions
If you are a subscriber to Google Message Encyption , you can begin to enjoy the convenience brought to you by SendSecure in enabling and disabling Gmail encryption!
How it works
This free version of SendSecure inserts a non-editable phrase into the bottom of your email. The phrase contains a hidden encryption trigger code which your Postini administrator has to setup as filtering rule (just a one-time initial setup) .
WARNING: The setup in Postini must be completed in order for the Add-on to work! Your messages will NOT be encrypted until you have completed the setup. Please test to see if setup was done correctly before you send out actual confidential documents!
Setup Instruction for Postini Administrators:
Before you can start using Bi101 Send Secure, your administrator has to setup the outbound filtering rules.
1) Log into Postini admin console (ask your administrator if you don't have access), click the Orgs and Users tab at the top.
2) Access your Message Security for Google Apps Administration Console and go to Orgs and Users > Orgs, and then select your users organization. For example:
3) On the Organization Management page, under Outbound Services, click Content Manager (See Screenshot1).
4) Click Edit Setting on the right side
5) Set Content Filtering to ON.
6) In the Quarantine Administrator field, enter the address of the administrator who should receive messages captured by content filters. (Content Manager sends these messages to the administrator’s quarantine in the Message Center.)
7) Leave the default text in the Bounce Message field, unless you want to change the message the senders receive if a filter returns their messages.
8) Leave the checkbox Apply settings to existing sub-orgs cleared.
9) Click Save.
10) Back to the Content Manager page, click Add Custom Filter
11) Enter as follow (see Screenshot2):
Filter Name: Bi101 Send Secure
Filter Status: ON
Match: Any Rule
1. Entire Message , Contains Text
---Copy the encryption trigger into the box: T:19254433387
Routing: check Deliver , and check the "Encrpty" box
12) Hit Save
Now you may want to test by sending an encrypted message to another email address you have access to.
Full version comes without the large red branding and allows users to edit the inserted text (while keeping the encryption trigger hidden). Please visit Bi 101 website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866)552-4101
- Safari: 2 – 5
Support for this add-on is provided by the developer at http://www.bi101.com/products/sendsecure or by sending an e-mail to support at bi101 dot com
The setup in Postini must be completed in order for the Add-on to work! Your messages will NOT be encrypted until you have completed the setup. Please test to see if setup was done correctly before you send out actual confidential documents!
Version 188.8.131.52 — May 30, 2013 — 166 KB
This is the new version for GMail new compose interface.